The South East Sports Academy (SESA) Golf Program is offered in partnership with Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG).
The South East Sports Academy (SESA) Golf Development Program is offered in partnership with Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG).
The program provides development opportunities for talented young athletes from the South East region of NSW and the ACT. The program supplements any home based coaching / training program that the athlete has in place. The program provides athletes with skill assessment and development including course mapping.
The golf program will include three to four development sessions.
The program will run for a period of approximately 6 months from November 2017 to April 2018. The Development squad will be required to participate in all development activities.
- Access to first class training facilities
Insight into what it takes to progress along the athlete pathway.
To be eligible for a SESA Golf Scholarship, athletes must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be affiliated member of a golf club
- Reside within the South East Region of NSW or the ACT
Female and male athletes turning 11 - 17 years of age in 2018
Handicap of under 25 for boys and girls.
To gain selection into the SESA Golf Development Program athletes must satisfy the eligibility criteria and demonstrate the following:
Be athletic and show potential in improving skills and ability
Be enthusiastic, motivated, and committed
- Willingness to learn and apply coaching ideas.
Conditions of scholarship
SESA Golf Development athletes are expected to:
- Attend all program activities
- Be committed and prepared to work toward improving performance
- Not take or use performance enhancing drugs or illegal drugs or participate in other activities that are prohibited by the South East Sports Academy Code of Conduct
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing SESA
- An athlete levy of $100 will apply which covers the cost of program activities.
Complete an online nomination form. Applications will be assessed by a selection panel and information about the athlete may be discussed with:
- Parents/ Guardians
- Nominated referee, coach and school
- Jack Newton Junior Golf.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 23 October 2017. Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 3 November 2017.
Golf Development Dates for 2018
|Saturday 9 December 2017||Development Session 1||Gold Creek Country Club, Canberra|
|Sunday 11 February 2018||Development Session 2||Queanbeyan Golf Club, Queanbeyan|
|Saturday 17 March 2018||Skills Session||Bermaguie Golf Club, Bermaguie|