Individual coach development program
The Individual coach program (ICP) is for coaches aged over 18 years who are committed to developing their coaching skills and knowledge.
ICP scholarship coaches will be provided with:
- Financial support (up to $1,000 depending on development requirements)
- Access to the Australian Institute of Sport’s myAISbasecamp - an online program that prepares pre-elite athletes holistically for the elite environment. It includes graduated programs to develop general motor skills as well as education on sports nutrition, sports psychology, media training, drugs awareness and personal development sessions so that they can progress further in their sport
- Where available, access to development opportunities with SESA partners.
To be eligible for a SESA Individual Coach Scholarship, coaches must satisfy the following criteria:
- Reside within the South East Region of NSW*
- Be 18 years or over
- Be involved in an individual or team sport which is recognised by the Australian Sports Commission
- Be registered, affiliated or have reciprocal rights with the recognised state body of their chosen sport in NSW or ACT
- Be willing to advance their knowledge and skills
- Be prepared to attend all additional coach development opportunities which are offered by the SESA.
Conditions of scholarship
SESA ICP Scholarship holders are expected to:
- Be committed and prepared to work toward advancing their coaching
- Be committed to a holistic approach to athlete development and willing to participate in myAISbasecamp
- Not take or use performance enhancing drugs or illegal drugs or participate in other activities that are prohibited by the South East Sports Academy Code of Conduct
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing your sport and the SESA
- Be required to submit activity statements when requested outlining their activities during the scholarship period (a standard report form will be provided by SESA for coaches to complete).
To gain selection into the SESA Individual Coach Program coaches must satisfy the eligibility criteria and then the following will be taken into consideration:
coach qualifications and level at which you coach
coaching goals and commitments
willingness to learn and apply new coaching methods
attitude, commitment and dedication to improving athletes
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel and information about the coach may be discussed with:
NSW /ACT State Sporting Organisation of the sport
New South Wales Institute of Sport (NSWIS) and/ or ACT Academy of Sport (ACTAS)