The South West Sydney Academy of Sport is accepting scholarship nominations from female and male athletes from the SESA region interested in participating in selection trials for the Academy’s Hockey program. This program is specifically designed to underpin the Hockey NSW - Accelerated Athlete Program (AAP).
1. Provide a high quality development program opportunity for athletes wishing to progress, or return to the HNSW AAP.
2. Provide a high quality development program opportunity for local junior players, transitioning into senior Hockey
To gain selection into the SWSAS Hockey Program athletes must satisfy the eligibility criteria and demonstrate the following:
- Aged 16 to18 years in 2018 (Born in 2002, 2001 and 2000).
- Reside, attend school, or compete for an affiliate sporting club within the defined boundaries of The South East Sports Academy (SESA)
- Final athlete selections will be sanctioned by Hockey NSW (HNSW).
The selection criterion comprises sport specific requirements developed in collaboration with Hockey NSW. The SWSAS reserves the right to accept, or reject any athlete nomination based on its own selection criteria.
Athletes submitting a nomination for inclusion in the SWSAS Hockey scholarship program are required to acknowledge that the acceptance for their nomination will be at the sole discretion of the SWSAS.
Conditions of scholarship
SWSAS Hockey Scholarship holders are expected to:
- Attend all program activities
- Be committed and prepared to work toward improving performance
- Be committed to a holistic approach to athlete development
- Not take or use performance enhancing drugs or illegal drugs or participate in other activities that are prohibited by the South East Sports Academy Code of Conduct
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing SWSAS
Scholarships are not in the form of a monetary sum, but rather enable athletes to participate in the SWSAS program which will provide training workshops, camps and competition opportunities. These workshops include access to high level coaching, analysis of technique, sports science testing, sport psychology, nutrition, and drugs in sport awareness.
- A joining levy of $380.00 GST inclusive will be applicable to all successful new athletes.
- A uniform including a polo shirt, training shorts, tracksuit, training shirt and cap will be provided as part of the overall program.
- Returning athletes will have the option of paying $280.00 and will not receive any additional new uniform. Note: The opportunity to purchase individual items will be available after all Academy squads have been outfitted.
- All athlete levies must be paid in full within 21 days of selection, or the scholarship offer will be automatically withdrawn; unless agreed SWSAS Board of Management arrangements have been confirmed.
- The SWSAS squad will compete in various competitions throughout the program and an additional cost maybe incurred to support some of these events/tours.
Complete a nomination form and attend trials.
Nominations close 5pm Friday 15th September 2017
Please complete a nomination form and send to James Watson at email@example.com
SWSAS Hockey Nominations
PO Box 307
Macarthur Square, NSW 2560
Phone: 02 4627 7622 Fax: 02 4627 7633
Date: Monday 25th September and Monday 9th October
Location: Macarthur Regional Hockey Complex
Millwood Avenue, Narellan
2018 Hockey Program
The program will have a heavy off-season focus. Training sessions are held within the South West SydneyAcademy of Sport (SWSAS) region, with the possibility of games scheduled against other NSW Regional Academies and participation in additional identified events, such as the 2018 ClubsNSW Academy Games. We have identified February for a training camp weekend to be held at Goulburn (TBC)