The South East Sports Academy (SESA) is providing an opportunity for up to 20 people involved on sporting organisation Boards to attend a corporate governance training course delivered by the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
The course will be held in Queanbeyan on 7-8 March 2018.
Participants will be provided with:
- 2 day AICD Corporate Governance training
- Catering during the course.
To be eligible to attend the course participants must:
- Reside within the South East Region of NSW*
- Be actively involved on a Board of a sport organisation or be an aspiring Board member
- Be prepared to attend the full 2 days of training.
Conditions of scholarship
Participants are expected to:
- Pay for own transport and accommodation
- Be committed to attending the full 2 days of training.
To gain selection into the AICD training course participants must satisfy the eligibility criteria and then the following will be taken into consideration:
- Current roles and responsibilities on sport Boards
- Willingness to learn and apply good corporate governance ideas.
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel and information about the participant may be discussed with:
- Nominated referee
- Local councils within the South East Region on NSW
- NSW /ACT State Sporting Organisation for the primary sport.