The South East Sports Academy (SESA) Cycling Program is offered in partnership with Cycling NSW.
The program provides high performance training opportunities for talented young athletes from the South East region of NSW. The program supplements any home based coaching / training program that the athlete has in place. The program provides athletes with skill assessment and development, education and personal development.
The cycling program will include three training camps plus the opportunity to participate in competitions.
The program will run for 12 months commencing in October and concluding in September. Scholarship holders will be required to undergo an induction process, attend weekend training camps, and participate in academy activities.
- Access to first class training facilities
- Individual and squad coaching
- Insight into what it takes to become a professional cyclist
- Identification and training methods to correct technique
- Opportunities to represent SESA at various events.
To be eligible for a SESA Cycling Scholarship, athletes must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Hold a competition license with Cycling Australia
2. Reside within the South East Region of NSW
3. Female and male athletes turning 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 years of age in 2018.
To gain selection into the SESA Cycling Program athletes must satisfy the eligibility criteria and demonstrate the following:
Be athletic and show potential in improving skills and ability
Be enthusiastic, motivated, and committed
- Willingness to learn and apply coaching ideas.
Conditions of scholarship
SESA Cycling Scholarship holders are expected to:
- Attend all program activities
- Be committed and prepared to work toward improving performance
- Be committed to a holistic approach to athlete development and willing to participate in "myAISbasecamp"
- Not take or use performance enhancing drugs or illegal drugs or participate in other activities that are prohibited by the South East Sports Academy Code of Conduct
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing SESA
- An athlete levy of $350 will apply which covers the cost of program activities.
Complete an online nomination form. Applications will be assessed by a selection panel and information about the athlete may be discussed with:
- Parents/ Guardians
- Nominated referee, coach and school
- Cycling NSW.
Applications close 17 September 2017.
The program of activities is yet to be finalised.
|November 2017||Induction (3 hours)||Goulburn|
|January 2018||Track Camp||Sydney|
|April 2018||Road Camp||Bathurst|