Coach development philosophy is to:
- Recognise the importance of coaches to the development of athletes and sports
- Value the voluntary nature of coaching in the region
- Develop identified coaches to allow expansion of sport specific athlete programs
- Develop coaching generally for the benefit of sport in the region
- Upskill coaches in understanding of athlete self-regulation.
Individual coaching programs
- Individual coach development program – support high performing coaches with advancement opportunities
- Provide annual SESA coach conference to support the development of grass roots coaches
- Partner with State sporting organisations to assist with advancing accreditation of coaches in the region
- Provide coaches with access to “myAIS Basecamp”.
Sport specific coaching programs
Surfing – in partnership with Surfing Australia and Surfing NSW identify potential high performance coaches in the region to be supported to advance their accreditation and education.