AFL Female Athlete Development Program
The South East Sports Academy (SESA) AFL Female Athlete Development Program is offered in partnership with AFL NSW/ACT
The SESA AFL Female Athlete Development Program will provide coaching, training, competition and support services to improve athlete development.
Scholarship holders will be required to undergo an induction process, attend weekly training sessions and participate in academy activities.
- Access to first class training facilities
- Technique and skill development
- Athlete education
- Opportunities to represent SESA at various events events including the Your Local Club Academy Games.
To be eligible for a SESA AFL Female Athlete Development Scholarship, athletes must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Reside within the South East Region of NSW or the ACT
3. Female athletes turning 14, 15, 16 years of age in 2019 (athletes born in 2003, 2004, 2005).
To gain selection into the SESA AFL Female Athlete Development Program athletes must satisfy the eligibility criteria and demonstrate the following:
Be athletic and show potential in improving skills and ability
Be enthusiastic, motivated, and committed
- Willingness to learn and apply coaching ideas.
Conditions of scholarship
SESA AFL Female Athlete Development Program Scholarship holders are expected to:
- Attend all program activities
- Be committed and prepared to work toward improving performance
- Be committed to a holistic approach to athlete development
- Not take or use performance enhancing drugs or illegal drugs or participate in other activities that are prohibited by the South East Sports Academy Code of Conduct
Adhere to SESA policies and relevant AFL NSW/ACT policies and by-laws
- Behave and dress in a professional and dignified manner when representing SESA
- An athlete levy of $250 will apply which covers the cost of program activities (there will be an additional levy to attend Your Local Club Academy Games).
Complete an online nomination form by 5pm on Sunday 11 February 2018. Attend selections trials. Applications may be discussed with:
- Parents/ Guardians
- Nominated referee, coach and school
- AFL NSW/ACT.
DATE: Wednesday 14 February, 2018
Time: 5.30PM -7PM (Please arrive by 5.00PM)
Venue: Allinsure Park
11 Queenbar Road
Athletes selected into the program will participate in:
· Academy Camp in Jindabyne
· Weekly training sessions (commencing Wednesday 21 Feb – August) – approx. 20sessions
· Fitness testing and off-field education sessions
· Inter-academy competitions (ClubsNSW Academy Games)
Weekly training sessions will mainly be held in Queanbeyan.